Celebrating 25 years of life...
As many of you may know I just recently celebrated my 25th birthday this past Saturday, Sept. 30th. It was the best birthday that I could've ever asked for. The beautiful day was spent picnicking at Amicalola Falls with friends and family by my side and full of BIG surprises! Mom and Dad pulled off the biggest surprise in the last quarter of a century and I'm finally driving the convertible I've always dreamed of!! I think I'm still in shock actually! My entire family pitched in to fulfill another life long dream of mine, and are sending me off in a hot air balloon for 1/2 a day! Many other wonderful gifts and love were received that day too. It was surely a day to never forget. As if I wasn't spoiled enough on Saturday...I'm soon off to the BIG APPLE! My great friends, Camille and Melinda are taking me to the city I've been yearning to visit...NYC! I will leave tomorrow and return Monday.
As for medical updates...I don't really have any big news, I have bumped chemo until Tuesday when I return so I can feel good enough to be trotting around the big city, and then shortly following this 10 days of chemo, it is time for another scan already. The date for the CT scan is not set yet. I will let everyone know. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. I truly appreciate you all.
Sending love and smiles today,
Courtney

3 Comments:
Happy (belated) Birthday, Courtney!
What a great write-up that was! I hope you had a wonderful time in the Big Apple, one of my favorite cities.
We are making plans for next year's retreat. Just putting you on notice that we expect to see you driving up to it in your new birthday convertible, and, we are all expecting a ride in your new wheels! (The Hot Air Balloon, I leave to you...with my fear of heights, I KNOW I would start hyperventilating). :)
Anway, take care and it was great to read about that happy day!
Susan and your friends at Minnie Pearl
Nashville, TN
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Love your new car! You go girl!
Love you, Cindy Milner
Friday, October 20, 2006
Belated Happy Birthday Courtney,
Read your wonderful write-up to our church congregation last Sunday. Many smiles and happy faces appeared when you birthday gifts and plans were revealed. How exciting to hear of your upcoming travel and the strong faith we read in your words. Hope you enjoy them to the fullest. God Bless you and we will be looking forward to your next journal entry. Prayerfully, your next scan report will be "Good News" also.
Warren and Toma and all your followers at Steele Creek Missionary Baptisr Church,
Bristol, TN
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home