Faith..
..will see me through. Received good news yesterday evening. The tumors in my abdomen are still shrinking and no new tumors anywhere. My prayers for healing are being answered...I KNOW this. Of course I want it to happen overnight, but I realize "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." It will happen in God's time, not mine. As I figured, my doctor believes the increased pain and problems are due to the treatment not the cancer itself, most likely it is a combination of aggressive chemotherapies over a long period of time which is weaking my body's tolerance. I thank you all for every prayer you've sent up...whether it was every day for a year now, this past Sunday, or today. Thank you. All day Sunday, esp. during the hour of prayer, the sweetest peace and serenity came to me. I could feel God's presence all through the night and woke with the most energy I've had in months. For the first time, I didn't dread going to the hospital for more tests and it was a much more pleasant experience. What a blessing in itself. A friend said recently, "these days it is always crowded at the cancer center. It seems that cancer affects the lives of nearly everyone in one way or another. However, it is not bigger than God. God can and does beat cancer. More importantly, He uses something as ugly and awful as cancer to accomplish His will in the lives of people everywhere. He is in charge. He has a plan. I am good with that." I'm good with that too.
With love and appreciation,
Courtney

11 Comments:
Yes! No new tumors is good news! So is shrinking tumors! Lots of love, light, and peace still coming to you from my direction...can't wait to see you again. Love you,
M
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Whoo hoo! This is wonderful news! I am so encouraged that you felt so revived and had so much peace. :) Tara and I sat in our car for the longest time, prayed, and sent positive thoughts your way. I think of you everyday and am always sending smiles, love, and hugs your way. Thanks for keeping us posted!
Much love always,
Carly
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
ONCE AGAIN GOD IS GOOD. HE WILL ALWAYS COME THROUGH IN A TIME OF NEED. ALL THAT HE ASKS IS THAT YOU SURRENDER TO HIM AND DO HIS WILL. HE MAY ASK YOU TO GIVE UP THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO OR HE MAY ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT TO. BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS KNOW YOU ARE IN THE WILL OF GOD AND PLEASING HIM WHEN HE BEGINS TO BLESS YOU WITH HIS FAVOR. I LOVE YOU. LOVE STACEY
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Hi Courtney! My name is Leslie and I live in Dawsonville, GA. I am twenty three years old with a four month old baby. I received an email that had been forwarded along about your condition. It is wonderful to hear that you are doing well and that God has given you so much hope! I pray that God continues to heal your body, as well as your mind and spirit. We all know that dealing with something like cancer not only takes a toll on your body, but your mind and spirit, and your family.
God Bless You! You will be in my thoughts daily.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
I am so happy to hear the good news. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I do believe in miracles. I was fortunate to receive one myself almost four years ago. She is sitting in my lap now asking if she can type a message. I have no doubt that I would not have been blessed with my angel if Greg and I had not turned our burden over to our church family. I often think that is why she has such an outgoing personality. She is our church families baby, not just ours. We love you more than you know. Don't lose faith, but don't be afraid to lean on others when you begin to feel weak. You'll gain strength from them.
Ann & Emma
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Praise the Lord on your latest medical report! My family and friends and especially my church congregation will be elated to hear about your latest medical news. All the prayers that were generated on Sunday were powerful, of that we are sure. God Bless you Courtney and thank you for the wonderful uplifting entry in your journal. We will continue our prayers daily.
Warren and Toma
TN
Jeremiah 30:17
"For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord."
Thursday, August 31, 2006
We sent your message to everyone we know and even people we don't. We prayed "with faith" as hard as we could. GOD IS GOOD!! We hope you will continue to feel the peace from those of us who pray for you everyday. God Bless You.
With Love,
The Lacy Family
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Last week we received an email from a friend who had heard of you through a friend of a friend. Courtney when I heard your story and your need of prayer I immediately sent your request to all on my email list. Many prayers were said for you on Sunday and these prayers continue for you everyday. It was a blessing to read your good news. We are saying thanksgiving prayers for you. Your faith is strong and such an inspiration to us all. I feel blessed just reading your words.
Love in Christ,
~Dianne~
Friday, September 01, 2006
I am so happy to hear that things are getting better!!! God's love and power are amazing. I'm slowly learning that sometimes we must endure things so that He may use us to impact others. In knowing you from childhood, hearing your battle over the last year made my problems seem so insignificant. Your strength is truly amazing!!! I forwarded an email explaining your condition and the prayer request, and we all were sending one up for you on Sunday :) You are an inspiration to all that know you and I'm sure some that haven't yet had the honor. Keep smilin' b/c I know it's what you do best :)
Friday, September 01, 2006
Dear Courtney,
Yesterday at our church service I had numerous inquires as to the results of your scan last Monday. I read with great joy to the congregation , your journal posting from last week. There were lots of "Amens" voiced and lots of happy faces on my church members. Your name is now entered on our church Prayer List. Just wanted you to know that many people here in TN and other places are maintaing continous prayers for you. God Bless you and we all look forward to your "good news".
Warren and Toma
Monday, September 04, 2006
Congrats on the good news babe! I will continue to say prayers that those existing tumors will leave your body as the others have. Thinking of you... Love,
Kristi
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home