Seeing the sunshine again...

Hello everybody.
First i want to apolgize for not getting back to anyone hardly and definately not in a timely manner. The past couple weeks have been tough and trying. The doctors aren't sure what's going on exactly, but i successfully finished 5 days of chemo last week, accomplished my main goal which was to make it through the survivor lap at Relay for Life that my sister, friends, family, and I had worked so hard to pull off. We had an incredible team, who I love and thank so much for all their sweat and tears. And-oh, did we pull it off!!! We raised over 7,000 $$$$$$$$$ with 20 members! We were the powerfully proud "Fireflies" and worked hard at "Lighting the way for a cure!"
This week spent time in the ER, but today and yesterday I am thankfully feeling much better and have had two fun filled joyous days. Unfortunately, but fortunately I had to get an emergency CT scan thursday and the results showed that the tumors in my abdomen have grown a significant amount in the last three weeks so they want to change chemo already-guess it's not working...at least they know this quickly right?. Please know and remember that I am so very thankful to everyone for all the many things you do. Thanks for asking, caring, praying, and the list goes... Take care. Keep me in your prayers.
With my love, Happy monday.
Courtney

4 Comments:
Hi Courtney! I've been getting emails down the line, and have been keeping you in my prayers daily. You have such an amazing spirit! You are an inspiration to so many! God Bless and keep smiling! You look so great in your pic!
Valerie (Dunn) McInnish
Monday, May 08, 2006
Courtney, You are in my prayers sweetheart. God never gives us more than we can bear, but you sure have a lot going on. Keep your spirit up and live for today with lots of sunshine and smiles! We are blessed to know you and are blessed to pray for you. Love, Tamara Ledford
Monday, May 08, 2006
Hey girl! I just wanted to tell you that you never leave my thoughts. I feel that it is so incredibly unfair for you to be going through all of this at such a young age, but I guess that you and I know that life is definitely not fair, huh? I have learned as I'm sure you have also, that we find strength we never knew we possessed when it is needed the most. I am continuously amazed to receive your upbeat emails that are so filled with thankfulness and hope. You'll never know how much I admire your faith and courage! Hang in there babe! Love ya, Lauren
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home