Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Surgery is a Go...

Well, what to say other than some days lately I feel I might be going a little crazy trying to get ready physically, mentally, and spiritually for this surgery. The week in Tampa was pretty rough. I was very sick and endoscopy, biopsy, and scans with contrast didn't make life much easier. I am set for surgery Wednesday the 14th. I am going on a cruise to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and the Bahamas for a week and will drive up to Tampa from Ft. Lauderdale where we embark on Sunday the 11th. Em and Darik will be waiting for me there and we three will spend a couple calm days on the beach at Clearwater as I begin starving myself to prepare for surgery two days later. Mom and Dad will drive down on Tuesday evening before the big day. I will have a PET/CT scan on Monday a.m. at Moffitt to determine a final "road map" if you will. Dr. Scott Kelly (same Dr. who did both previous surgeries) will perform the surgery and plans the incision will begin at my sternum vertically down to my pelvic bone. Additional cancer cells were identified from the biopsy, and Kelly has planned to remove every node found, seen, or reached throughout my body/torso. All nodes and tumors will be sliced and diced and studied. The decision for further chemo will then be made depending on what the findings are after surgery. I am praying for a break! A loooong one. If and when all goes well, we anticipate a similar recovery period as my liver surgery...painful and long. A couple weeks in and then Mom and I will fly back to GA. This is evidently a controversial surgery among the doctors at Moffitt, as it has not been done in my situation before...so I'm choosing to look at it positively and think of it as making history ;) ha. All my personal doctors have pushed hard to get this surgery and I feel confidant they will fight hard for me once on the table. I am ready to get this cancer OUT OF ME! I will have someone post updates (as accurate as they can get them) here on the blog...please encourage others to check here as the calls are sometimes overwhelming. I will also try and get my direct room # however for now: Moffitt's # 1800-456-3434 and hospital address:
Courtney Cook
Moffitt Cancer Institute
12902 Magnolia Dr
Tampa FL 33612
I can only hope that everyone who reads and doesn't read this thing truly knows and can feel my appreciation and love for the support I have been wrapped in thus far. Thank you. I love you.
court

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you. You are an inspiration to all:)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Court. You are truly an inspiration and I have NO doubt about your outcome. You are in my prayers.

Love, Carrie in St. Augustine

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you on that day and know that you will pull through and prevail as you always have. My prayers are with you and remember keep that positive attitude mentally. I also hope to get to see you very soon.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl! God's got you wrapped tightly in His arms! We love you!

Mike, Cindy & Koby Milner
Bill, Nell, Jeff Dalton

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney,
All I can think to say is wow. I've been keeping up with your progress through emails. Your spirit is so amazing to me. I know a million people have said it, but you are truly an inspiration. There is no telling how many lives you have touched, including my own. Life is a blessing, and it is too often taken for granted. You have taught me to enjoy every day. Your strength and faith will get you through this. You are in my prayers.
Love,
Valerie McInnish (Dunn)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney, you will be in my prayers as you have been.
Your courage and willingness to fight this are truly inspirational. God give you strength to continue!
Love,
Marla Wise

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girly. just wanted you to know that i think of you daily. if there is EVER anything i can do, just let me know! LOVE YOU!!

kayla g

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney,
You can bet there will be an extra-special prayer going up for you on the 14th! I'm lifting you up every day! Man, I wish I could fit in your luggage for your cruise... Sounds like barrels of fun will be had!

Hope you will be able to make it to the April retreat. It won't be the same without you - you were such a joy and inspiration to everyone!
Love,
Adele Dorris

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thoughts, love, blessings, prayers, hugs, laughter, kisses and more...all from Athens GA and many more places I know.
Peace
Sarah McStinky (smilin at ya)

Monday, March 12, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

courtney,
we want you to know that we are praying for you and know that God will have his hands on you. we love you and know that God has great things in store for you. Keep fighting and keep the faith.
love,
wendy, david, walker, kinley and keaton booth

Monday, March 12, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney, I'll be thinking and praying for you and your family today. You truley are an inspirational person and I've been very touched by your words and the amazing challenge you have battled and accepted. Best wishes for a successful day, and thank you for being so brave!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

 
Blogger Emily said...

Hi Courtney, I went on Emily's ASB trip to Winterhaven last year and she has been keeping us up to date on your progress. I'm praying for you!! Please try to stay strong and positive- you're doing a great job!! May God be with you.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home