Monday, February 05, 2007

So this is where we stand...

Mom and I are leaving Sunday, Feb. 11th-16th for Tampa. I will be having CT scans, and a romantic endoscopy with a gorgeous young doctor for my Valentine's Day and meeting with Dr. Kvols and surgeons on Friday for final decisions regarding surgery. The tests will provide exact locations of the few tumors that appeared active on the PET (one lymph node under my pancreas and 1-3 tumors in the retroperitenium or lower abdomen). Unfortunately if we decide to go forward with surgery, it will be another large incision and difficult recovery. If it's going to happen, it will soon. If I don't return to GA before, I will have someone post updates for me. I wish there was research to support if surgery is a wise decision, unfortunately no one can say too much either way b/c my cancer is so rare and my success and strength up until this point is even more rare...thus said I am scared b/c I know now what it will be like and pain is no fun, but I remain hopeful and excited to just be at this crossroads. Please keep me in your hearts, thoughts, and prayers.
Courtney

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Much Love to you sweet girl! xo Sarah Mc

Monday, February 05, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you!!!! I'll be visiting Emily soon in Athens..I'll be wanting to see you too girly. Love you long time and you are always always always in my prayers. MWAH!

Monday, February 05, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I am sure my guardian angel Connie is watching over you too!!
Love Teresa

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, and I will continue to pray for you as you feel your way through this situation. Love, Kate

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney
All of the members of Steele Creek Missionary Baptist Church will be praying for you in these coming days as you approach yet another decision in your health care treatments. May God's blessings be with you each day. We will be looking forward to your next report and pray it will be everything you wish for.
Love,
Warren and Toma Landstrom
Kingsport, TN

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home