Update 9/8
Dear friends,
As you all know, Courtney has been a very brave and strong woman in her battle with cancer for over two years. On Friday, September 7th, around noon, God called Courtney home. Courtney’s mom, dad, and sister were with her when she passed. Below is the information on the services in honor of Courtney’s life.
A visitation with the family will be held on Sunday, September 9th from 4-9 pm at South Canton Funeral Home (3147 Marietta Hwy. Canton, GA 30114 Tel: 770-479-3377). A Memorial Service: Courtney's Life Celebration, will be held on Monday, September 10, at 3 pm at Hickory Flat United Methodist Church (4056 East Cherokee Drive Canton, GA 30114 Tel: 770-345-5969). Immediately following the Memorial Service, a graveside Interment Service will be held at the family’s church, New Hope Baptist Church on Bailey Waters Road in Dawsonville, GA.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers, please send donations to:
Loran Smith Center for Cancer Support
1199 Prince Avenue, Athens, GA 30605
If you would like to send something to the family, their address is:
The Cook Family
9873 Cumming Hwy.
Canton, GA 30115
Any additional information will be posted to Courtney’s Journal (Blog) at:
http://www.courtneycook.blogspot.com/
The family wishes to thank everyone for all of your prayers, love, and support of Courtney and her family throughout this journey.
Love,
Kristi Walton Fuller

5 Comments:
God rest your sweet soul, Courtney...we love you!
Cindy Milner & family
Sunday, September 09, 2007
I first met Courtney during our freshman year at West Ga, we lived two doors down from each other in the dorms. That year we had all of our classes together as a cohort. After freshman year I didn't see her again until one night in athens (2003 or 2004). She was still the same Courtney...sweet as can be with a big, warm smile. May the memories of such a beautiful lady help comfort you during this time.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
courtney, sorry i was not around to see you thru this. you were a joy in high school, and could do splits like no other. i am gonna miss you, and i hope that heaven is all you dreamed it would be.. Love You
Sunday, September 09, 2007
I met Courtney in Montana on a winter YAC trip. From the moment we met I loved her. She had the warmest personality I have ever known. I would like to send my prayers and well wishes to her family and friends in their time of loss. She will be missed.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
I worked with Courtney at the Sexual Assault Center in Athens. She was always such a joy to be around. She was so warm and kind. I am thinking about Courtney's family and friends. Courtney was amazing and so very brave. I will miss her smile.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home