An emotional morning...
...and SO HAPPY to be HOME!!! This morning has been spent opening cards/gifts, going back through voice mails and texts that I have no recollection of, trying to piece together the scattered clear memories I do have of the past month or more, praying and feeling the joy of just being alive and healthy enough to enjoy a beautiful day, and being aware and appreciative that I have a wonderful life filled with the most perfect family and friends. I am feeling much better, still not 100% but just being out of the hospital is a blessing. Looks like I will be starting back up on chemotherapy for a few months, as a precautionary measure for any microscopic cells that might be leftover from the surgery. I am unsure what kind and what regiment I will be taking but will know soon enough and unfortunately loose these long lashes I'm getting attached to, but life goes on with or without lashes I've come to know very well. One memory I have of the hospital was seeing Martina McBride sing on TV and thinking "whenever I get out of this place I'm going to live by that song"...got home and Mom had the CD wrapped up on my bed...for perspective on how I feel today--"Anyway"-listen to that song, and know in your heart that I am so thankful for all your love and support and prayers. All I can really say is Thank you for everything, and I wish I could thank each person individually, hopefully in time we can.
Yours truly with a huge heart and lots of love.
cc

9 Comments:
Good Morning Court!
So glad to hear you're home! Maybe you'll be able to get some much needed rest! We've been wanting to come over & see you, but I know you're covered up with visitors so just know we're thinking about you! Hey, lashes or not, you're still a beautiful young lady! Love ya!
Praying for your continued healing & strength,
Cindy Dalton Milner
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Hi Courtney!! It is so good to get a post from you! Welcome home and
we love you (hope you never get tired of hearing it) Hopefully when you feel a little stronger Judy and I can come see you or take you to lunch. Keep smiling and getting better and we'll keep
praying!!
Love
Teresa
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Courtney, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling much better. I think about you all the time and have all my family and friends praying for you. I know that when you get through this you will be using your experience to be a role model for others. Love you and much luck in the months to come.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
I am in tears and so happy to hear you are home and in good spirts! I love you so much and have been praying for you everyday!
Call whenever you are up for a visitor and I am on my way!
xox
Becca (and Kristen)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
I am in tears and so happy to hear you are in good spirts and home. Can't wait to come see you...just say the word!
xoxo
Becca
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
So glad to hear from you. You are such an inspiration. Get better so you can marry my son. (Ask your mom who this is. . .)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Hey COURT! I'm so glad you're doing better. I've been praying for you like crazy. So, be cool.
VAL
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
YAY!! Welcome home. :) I'm so glad you are feeling better!
Jenn Potter
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Courtney-
We're so glad you're home, too! And, especially happy that you are feeling better and able to feel and know of all the love that has been surrounding you for your healing.
All of us are thinking of you up here and especially had you in our thoughts at the last retreat a few weeks ago. Take good care of yourself and we are sending our love from Nashville.
Susan and the rest of the Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation gang
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home