Saturday, May 05, 2007

Smelling eggs and turkey bacon...

...on this rainy Saturday morning. I sit here looking out the window into the green trees overlooking the lake. I'm enjoying a weekend full of pride and celebration with my dear friend Susannah during her graduation into Physical Therapy. As I was attempting to check my emails, I thought this a perfect time for an update... I will start with the good news--we raised as a single team almost $4,000 (money is still coming in) at Relay for Life which was held last Friday at UGA. Dressed in our baseball/softball uniforms we "Took a Swing at Cancer" and did a great job raising money for a cure and cancer support. Thank you to everyone for your contributions and help with this cause. Secondly, I had a bone scan Monday and a Mugga scan on my heart Tuesday...and both tests resulted in good news. I am very thankful. My heart appears great and up to the challenge of the upcoming Adreomycin (a heart damaging chemo). Now, I was to start chemotherapy up again this past Wednesday, however at the last minute the wonderful caring insurance company BCBS denied my claim... Apparently, I am too healthy! ha, who'dve thought!! Bottom line-they don't want to fork out the money and forget who their dealing with...so we will of course continue with appeals until we get what we want...what a pain! The regiment will be a combo of 3 different types...cytotoxin, adreomicin, and ?...an old combination once used to treat small cell lung cancer (a similar "level" cancer as mine). It will be every 3-4 weeks for 4-6 rounds depending on how strong my body stays and assuming all scans stay clear. With any luck we'll be rolling sometime this upcoming week. I must admit though-it's been kinda nice. I say... it all works out in the end.
much love,
Courtney

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go GIRL! Be strong! Fight like a mad woman, yep, BCBS doesn't know who they're dealing with, definately the strongest yung'un I know! I love ya Court, you just make me smile sometimes. So glad to hear you're doing well!

Cindy Dalton Milner

Monday, May 07, 2007

 
Blogger Jaime and Becca said...

Love you!
Sorry I wasn't there.
Becca

Monday, May 14, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home