Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"It's Time to Start Believing Again"




Courtney is back in the hospital at North Fulton for her continual digestive and nausea problems. She has continued to have some tests run, but the cause for these problems has not been determined. The results of the CT scan I mentioned in the previous post did show that Courtney's cancer has returned both in her abdomen and also in her liver. Three weeks ago she was started on three new kinds of chemotherapy. She will have her second round of those treatments tomorrow. The new chemos have been pretty tough on her body which was already weakened by the last couple months of sickness. Eating has been difficult, and she has lost some weight but is holding at around 110. The news that her cancer had returned was, as you can imagine, quite a blow to her and her family. Courtney took the news pretty hard at first, but just this past weekend, while lying in bed due to pain and medication, told me that it was time to start believing again that she could beat it.

At this point, the doctors do not believe that the nausea and sickness are directly related to the cancer. They believe it to be more a side effect of the surgeries and medicines, but are only able to control the symptoms as much as possible with more medication. Please pray that the doctors will be able to discover a real cause and a plan for treating the nausea and digestive problems. Supposedly the first round of chemo is the worst. Courtney is hopeful that she will be able to handle the following rounds better. She has been sleeping most of the time, and those of you who know Courtney know that she likes to be up and active and living her life! Please pray that she will have a return to a better quality of life soon!

With love, hope, and faith,
Ann

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm thinking about you Courtney, and I believe that you can beat this recurrence. My deepest sympathies and best wishes go out to you. Be strong.

Love,

nick h

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney,

I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. Your faith is truly inspirational. You will remain in my prayers.

Amy (Blanton) Turner

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney,
Just wanted you to know that we're thinking about and praying for you. I pray that God gives you the extra bit of strength you need to get over this "bump" in the road. I pray for extra strength for Mom, Dad & Emily too. Hang in there girl, never loose sight on God, keep your faith strong...He will see you through! We love you!
Love,
Mike & Cindy Milner
Bill, Nell & Jeff Dalton

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep fighting Court- Don't EVER give up. The best is just around the corner. Love you!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you babe! I have never doubted you...I know you can do this. Thinking of you always!! LOTS OF LOVE!
Bets

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 
Blogger Jaime and Becca said...

Girl - I LOVE YOU. I am thinking of you everyday. God is with you and so are we - THIS SUCKS - it hurts and it is painful and it is a road no one should have to go down but you are amazing and we are all with you.

I LOVE YOU
Becca

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 
Blogger Donna said...

I will pray for your strength to battle, Courtney. You can do this!

Donna

Thursday, June 28, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The week we spent at camp in Montana this past January I was inspired and touched by your optimistic, enthusiastic, caring nature, and your desire to keep fighting. Don't ever lose that!

You are strong Courtney......Hang in there and keep your trust in the Lord. Never stop believing! You will get well!

All things happen for a reason and it all fits into his plan, even though that reason is out of our reach.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love in Christ,
Brian Smith

Monday, July 02, 2007

 
Blogger Shannon said...

Courtney,
I just want you to know that i've been thinking about you and i love you. And i'm so proud and amazed by you. I love you girl!!!

Love,
Shannon Stump

Saturday, July 07, 2007

 
Blogger marci said...

Hey Court!!

You, as always, are an inspiration!! You make me push a little harder and believe a little more.

In my mind's eye, at this minute you're kicking that cancer's a--!!

Love you, my courageous and powerful friend!!

Marci

Sunday, July 15, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you often. Hoping for the best. Sincerely, amber robinson

Sunday, July 22, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you often. Sending well wishes your way. Sincerely, amber robinson

Sunday, July 22, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home