Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Discharged for a Happy Memorial Day...


As many may know I pretty much have a new residency at North Fulton Regional. Things have been complicated lately by the intestinal problems I've been experiencing. After every scan and test under the sun, Wednesday an "upper GI" and "small bowel series" showed that my small intestines are detached from the mesentary (I imagine it as a net-like barrier to hold your guts in place), and are moving around quite a bit which is "possibly" causing all this pain and vomiting. Most likely this happened sometime in the last surgery.?. ahhhhh! Since the right lobe of my liver isn't present- the 33 feet of small intestines have a good bit a room to migrate around. Unfortunately, right when I feel like I'm getting ahead of the mess...this has really stopped me in my tracks. It's been rough, I must say. Two years of fighting was easier than these past couple months and it seems to just get worse every day. The reason I now seem to live at the hospital is b/c IV pain and nausea meds are the only way they can control it all, and when I think I can go home I just end right back up in the ER screaming. The plan...who really knows....the word on the streets is surgery again. Due to the long holiday wkend and my Tampa surgeon on vacation-things aren't rolling very fast, but a colonoscopy and endoscopy and one other test (forgot the name) sometime this week, then meet with a local surgeon is the tentative schedule if he'll consider the surgery. I hear they don't volunteer to clean up someone else's mess up...? My favorite nurse/tech, Marie, says constantly "what can I do?....pray.?. that's really all."
Side note to my little squister if you read this faraway in Africa...I miss you terribly and think if you weren't helping babies...i'd be one myself and demand you come home and be with me! :)
Happy Memorial Day everyone. Love.
Courtney

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you sugar britches
Love,
Big Mama Sarah

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney,

My name is Frank Hardie and I think you met my sister, Rebecca Dunlap. I have high grade neuro-endocrine carcinoma in my liver and I'm going through a liver perfusion protocol at NIH in Bethesda, though I live in Houston.

I'm sorry to hear about your latest aches and pains--I hope they give you some sweet painkillers to help you get through it. My wife and I are thinking about you.

peave,love,strength
Frank

Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home